Helpful Tools to Encourage Participation in the 2020 Census
Census 2020 VideoProduced by the Ford Foundation
#NOVACOUNTSThis is the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia’s digital campaign to educate your friends, family, colleagues and the community on the importance of completing the 2020 Census.
Take the Challenge
Count the Region Materials
- About Count the Region - One-Pager
- Why Northern Virginia Cares 2020 Census - One-Pager: English | Amharic | Arabic | Farsi | Hindi | Pashto | Somali | Spanish | Urdu
US Census Bureau Resources
- US Census Bureau Web Site
- Video: Shape Your Future
- Census 101
- 2020 Census at a Glance
- 2020 Census & the Environment Fact-Sheet
- 2020 Census PSA Toolkit
- 2020 Census Rumors
- 2020 Census Planned Questions
- How Census Invites Everyone to Respond
- 2020 Census Why We Ask
- 2020 Census and Confidentiality - English | Spanish
- Counting Young Children in the 2020 Census
- Promotional Toolkit
- April 1, 2019 Press Briefing Video
Local and Regional Materials and Resources
- The Virginia Complete Count Commission has a variety of tools available for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Regional Fact Sheets for Community Leaders and Organizers -Alexandria | Arlington County | Fairfax City | Fairfax County | Fall Church | Loudoun County | Manassas City | Manassas Park | Montgomery County |Prince George's County | Prince William County | Washington, DC
- Here is a map tool designed by Kanika Harris that identifies the lowest Census response areas in our region.
- VA Fact-Sheet: Why The Census Matters for Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Communities
- NOVACOUNTS Toolkit
- Outreach Toolkit for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- ReadyNation created a guide for Businesses to engage in efforts to support the Census here.
- Community Connect Lab Created a Census Outreach Mobile Tool Kit available here.
- The Naleo Educational Fund developed a communications toolkit in English and in Spanish.
- Introduction (Length: 4:00)
- Social Media 101 (Length: 13:00)
- Email 101 (Length: 8:20)
- SMS (text messaging) (Length: 11:00)
- Digital Ads (Length: 17:52)
- Search Engine Optimization (Length: 10:23)
Additional Materials and Resources
- CUNY's 2020 Census Interactive Hard to Count Map:
- Census Counts has a variety of useful resources here.
- The Funders Census Initiative has information on reaching African Americans, Latina/o, Asian, American Indian, and Arab American populations here.
- Georgetown University’s McCourt School of Public Policy 2020 Census: Race Counts Panel Discussion
- Urban Institute report about a projected net 4 million people that could be missing from the 2020 Census, leading to the worst undercount of black and Latinx people in the U.S. since 1990.
- Leadership Conference Data Tables on HTC Census Tracts, States, Congressional Districts: Will You Count? Asian Americans and NHPIs in the 2020 Census
- Will You Count? Asian Americans and Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders (NHPIs) in the 2020 Census