Support for Innovative ProgrammingThe Innovation Fund was established to recognize and promote innovation and support programs that nurture inventiveness, creativity and new design across Northern Virginia.
The Innovation Fund’s 2014 grant cycle is now closed. Applications were accepted from K-12 public schools, colleges and universities, and 501(c)3 public charities that service Northern Virginia and are dedicated to teaching and promoting STEM in innovative ways in Northern Virginia. Members of the Innovation Fund Brain Trust review applications and determine the winning programs.
See a list of the 2014 Award Winners here.
Seed funding for the Innovation Fund was generously provided by the J.O.Y. Fund at the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia and by Steve Gladis Leadership Partners.
Grant Application PortalTo apply, update, or submit a grant application, access the grants portal here:
You will be instructed to set up an organizational profile before applying. If your organization has applied in the past, check with other staff members to get access to the organization profile already established. It contains grant history and past applications. Please do not set up a new profile unless you are sure your organization has not applied previously.
For more information, contact Sari Raskin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Innovation Fund, please click here.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations or organizations providing charitable or educational services including colleges and universities and K-12 public schools. Local, state and federal government entities are not eligible to apply.
- Grant requests dedicated to teaching and promoting STEM in innovative ways in Northern Virginia will be considered. Funding may be used to support, expand or enhance existing programs or to start new programs.
- Grants will be made to organizations providing services in Northern Virginia (Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William counties, plus the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park).
- Grant requests can be up to $10,000.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
- Only one application per organization will be considered.
Timeline for grants process
|April 8||Application period opens|
|May 15||Application period closes|
|July 15||Winners are announced|
To receive an email notification when this and other Community Foundation grant cycles open, please click here.