Helping your clients meet their charitable goalsAs a professional advisor, we know you are busy with your clients and that you work diligently to meet their various needs. With the trust your clients have placed in you, we want to ensure you also have a trustworthy partner in charitable giving, that will help your clients meet their financial planning goals with quality service and informed expertise. Here are a few tools to help you get started.
Overview for Establishing a Donor Advised Fund
- Download a brochure about establishing a DAF with the Community Foundation for clients
- FAQ’s for Donor Advised Funds
- Read through our Donor Handbook, which provides a full lens of what it looks like to establish a DAF, and how you can retain the investment of your client’s DAF with the Community Foundation.
Private Foundation vs. Donor Advised Fund
- Comparison Chart: Private Foundation vs. Donor Advised Fund
- Transferring a Private Foundation to a Donor Advised Fund
Other Options to Give
- Options to Become a Donor
- Establishing a Fund at the Community Foundation, and understanding which option is best for your client’s charitable goals.
- Ways to Give, and how your client can continue to initiate and grow their fund over time.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs), and how clients can designate the Community Foundation as an IRA recipient, minimizing their annual taxable income.
- Our Family Giving Program supports each member of your clients’ families to achieve both their personal and charitable goals through philanthropy.
If you have questions about our donor options that have not been answered in this section, please contact us for more information.