These grants are made possible through The Permanent Fund for Northern Virginia, our endowment supporting critical need throughout the region. Make a donation today.
Nonprofits: Learn More & ApplyThe Community Foundation for Northern Virginia conducts an annual grant cycle through the Community Investment Fund. Nonprofit organizations providing services in Northern Virginia are invited to apply.
For the 2022 application cycle, the Community Foundation will accept requests in the following categories.
- Child & Youth Development
- Lamond Fund to Benefit Children and Youth in Alexandria and Fairfax County
- Mental Health
- Military Personnel & Their Families
- Safety Net Fund to Support Basic Needs
Grant Application PortalTo apply, update, or submit a grant application, and to submit final reports for past grants, click below:
Submit Applications or Review Past Grants Here
You will be instructed to set up an organizational profile before applying. If your organization has applied in the past, check with other staff members to get access to the organization profile already established. It contains grant history and past applications. Please do not set up a new profile unless you are sure your organization has not applied previously.
Who can apply?
- Organizations providing services in Northern Virginia (defined as the areas within Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William Counties and the Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park) can apply for funding.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations providing charitable or educational services. Local, state and federal government entities are not eligible to apply.
- Organizations are limited to one application per grant cycle. Multiple applications will not be considered.
Grant requests for capacity building, program, or general support purposes were considered. Funding may be used to support, expand, or enhance existing programs or to start new programs. Applications for capital improvements, endowments, or scholarship awards will not be considered.
Please see the detailed page for more information.
Grant Cycle Timeline
|January 5, 2022||Applications Open|
|January 5, 2022||2021 Grants Webinar|
|February 1, 2022||Grant Reports Due from 2021 Grantees|
|February 3, 2022||Applications Due|
|April 2022||Applicants notified of funding status|
|February 1, 2023||Grant Reports Due from 2022 Grantees|
Please contact Sari Raskin, Vice President of Grants and Community Leadership.
Please contact Jennifer Cochran, Manager of Grants and Scholarships.