Healthy Kids Grants are possible through support from The Permanent Fund for Northern Virginia, our endowment supporting critical need throughout the region. Make a donation today.
The 2021 Healthy Kids Grants application is now closed.
Grants up to $2,000 each are available to individual public schools in Northern Virginia that implement a program or strategy to encourage better nutrition or more activity among their student body during the school year. The grants are awarded in a competitive grant process.
Examples of school-based initiatives the grants could help support include but are not limited to:
- Starting an after-school activity club that promotes physical fitness.
- Starting a walking club for students and teachers.
- Developing a school health advisory council comprised of students, parents, teachers, administrators, other school staff, and community representatives.
- Developing and sharing calorie counts and nutritional information for all school breakfasts and lunches so students can make healthy choices.
- Healthy Cooking Classes
Nonprofits: Learn More & Apply
Grant Application PortalTo apply, update, or submit a grant application, access the grants portal here:
You will be instructed to set up an organizational profile before applying. If your organization has applied in the past, check with other staff members to get access to the organization profile already established. It contains grant history and past applications. Please do not set up a new profile unless you are sure your organization has not applied previously.
Who can apply?
- Public elementary, middle and high schools located in Northern Virginia are all eligible to apply.
- Schools are limited to one application each year. Multiple applications will not be considered.
- Applications that are incomplete or late will not be considered.
Timeline for grants process
|May 3, 2021||Application period opens|
|July 8, 2021, 5 pm||Application period closed|
|August 2021||Winners announced|
Please contact Sari Raskin, Vice President of Grants and Community Leadership.
Please contact Jennifer Cochran, Manager of Grants and Scholarships.