ImpactWatch this video about the impact of the fund through the eyes of 2021 grantee, ArtStream, and read about all the 2021 grantees here.
Make a donation to support the arts in Northern Virginia.
- Build a world-class, dynamic, vibrant arts and culture sector by:
- Celebrating artistic genius and success
- Growing the capacity of existing arts organizations
- Assisting in the creation of new art organizations
- Increase understanding of the central and critical role of the arts in healthy communities
- Activate support for the arts
Nonprofits: Learn More & ApplyIn 2022, the Community Foundation will accept applications for organizations that focus on performing and visual arts.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations providing charitable or educational services. Local, state, and federal government entities are not eligible to apply.
- Grant requests for program or general support purposes will be considered. Funding may be used to support, expand or enhance existing programs or to start new programs. Applications for capital improvements, endowments, or scholarship awards will not be considered.
- Grants will be made to organizations providing services in Northern Virginia (Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties, plus the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, and Manassas/Manassas Park).
- The Community Foundation intends to make three grants of $20,000 each.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
- Only one application per organization will be considered.
Grant Application PortalTo apply, update, or submit a grant application. Access the grants portal below:
You will be instructed to set up an organizational profile before applying. If your organization has applied in the past, check with other staff members to get access to the organization profile already established. It contains grant history and past applications. Please do not set up a new profile unless you are sure your organization has not applied previously.
Timeline for the grants process
|January 5, 2022||Applications Open|
|January 5, 2022||2021 Grants Webinar|
|February 1, 2022||Grant Reports Due from 2021 Grantees|
|February 3, 2022||Applications Due|
|April 2022||Applicants notified of funding status|
|February 1, 2023||Grant Reports Due from 2022 Grantees|
To be added to future grant cycle announcements, please sign up here.
Please contact Sari Raskin, Vice President of Grants and Community Leadership.
Please contact Jennifer Cochran, Manager of Grants and Scholarships.