AMS Opportunity Scholarship Fund
Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, PrinceWilliamSponsored by the former executives and employees of American Management Systems, Inc. (AMS), the AMS Opportunity Scholarship Fund is an endowed fund that provides scholarships to graduating high school seniors in Northern Virginia. It is not yet accepting applications.
Founded in 1970, AMS was an early pioneer in establishing the Northern Virginia technology industry and was a leader in the community since its inception. Always headquartered in Northern Virginia, the company served both government and commercial clients with dedication and innovation. The spirit and culture of AMS lives on in its five founders and thousands of employees. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of its founding and to continue the legacy of promoting young talent, its former executives and alumni have started this Scholarship Fund to help Northern Virginia high school students continue their education in the STEM fields. Contributions of any size are welcome.
Amount$2,500 - $5,000, Frequency: Yearly, renewable
- Financial Need: Students eligible for free and reduced fee meal programs will automatically qualify.
- A completed FAFSA form will be considered and weighted.
- GPA of 2.7 or greater.
- Applicants must be applying for 2-year or 4-year degree/certification programs in accredited, not-for-profit colleges/universities/trade or vocational schools anywhere in the U.S.
- Preference will be given to students going on to study in STEM fields of interest that will position them for careers in existing industries or emerging technology fields.
- Applications Open: January 18, 2021
- Applications Due By: April 2, 2021
- Students Notified By: June 4, 2021