Ashworth Grogan Scholarship Fund
Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, LoudounThe Ashworth Grogan Scholarship Fund was established to benefit high school seniors residing in Northern Virginia and college students at the Northern Virginia Community College advancing their education through the pursuit of an advanced certification or degree in the fields of education and health.
AmountNon-renewable scholarships up to $10,000 will be awarded this year. The number of awards is TBD.
- Graduating High School seniors must have a high school transcript with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Northern Virginia Community College students must submit a high school transcript and a current NOVA transcript with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Applications must include a completed FAFSA form
- A brief essay regarding the applicant's financial need, academic goals, how the scholarship will help to advance their educational goals, and what other financial aid (scholarships, loans, work study, etc.) have been awarded to the applicant.
- Applications Open: January 16, 2020
- Applications Due By: April 2, 2020
- Students Notified By: June 4, 2020