Leslie V. Forte Scholarship Fund
Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince WilliamThe Leslie V. Forte Scholarship Fund was established in memory of Leslie V. Forte who was the first African-American faculty member in the English Department at the Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) Annandale Campus. The award will be given to a minority student attending NVCC. Scholarship awards will be made with consideration for involvement in community and extracurricular activities and academic achievement at NVCC.
- Full-time students at NVCC
- GPA of 2.5 or better
- Demonstrated involvement in community and extra-curricular activities
- Minority student - African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, American Indian, Eskimo, or Aleut origin
- Required essay of 250 words or more describing reasons for attending college and emphasizing future academic and career goals. Assistance in editing the essay may be obtained from the Writing Centers on each campus.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled college students at Northern Virginia Community College.
DeadlineApplications Open: January 16, 2020
Applications Due By: April 2, 2020
Students Notified By: June 4, 2020