Louise Lightner Jamison Teacher Scholarship Fund
The Louise Lightner Jamison Scholarship Fund was established to provide scholarships to benefit high school seniors residing in Prince William County, with a preference for those residing in the Haymarket and Gainesville regions of the County, that will advance their education through the pursuit of an undergraduate degree in the field of education. The Fund was created in honor of Louise Lightner Jamison, the sister of Helen Ray, who was a dedicated educator of young children within the Haymarket region for 42 years. Scholarship awards are made with consideration for involvement in community and extracurricular activities and academic achievement.
- Two scholarships awarded each year
- Current plans to obtain an undergraduate degree in education, with a preference for applicants interested in early childhood education.
- A graduating high school student from Prince William County, with a preference for those residing in the Haymarket and Gainesville regions of the County.
- A high school transcript showing a 2.5 GPA or better.
- A passion for pursuing a career in early childhood or elementary education.
- Applications Open: January 18, 2021
- Applications Due By: April 2, 2021
- Students Notified By: June 4, 2021