The Loudoun Impact Fund is a giving circle of caring donors, each offering gifts of $1,000 (per person) or $5,000 (per foundation or corporation). Gifts are pooled together to leverage funding and offer grants with impact, here at home. Many members are new to grantmaking and look forward to learning more about programs, needs, and solutions in Loudoun County.
Individuals and Businesses: Join the Loudoun Impact Fund
Each year members of the giving circle determine priority areas of funding within the strategic goals of the Loudoun Impact Fund to promote education, the arts and the environment, and to support the needs of Loudoun families, children and youth.
Nonprofits: Learn More & ApplyThe Community Foundation’s giving-circle grant advisors will consider applications that positively impact disadvantaged or low-income children or young adults up to 24; or, special needs or disabled populations; or disadvantaged or low-income adults 60 years or older in Loudoun County. Proposed projects should address some or all of the following for these populations:
- Address housing needs, life skills, health, welfare, and social programs designed to enhance individual and community wellbeing; and/or,
- Provide services such as daycare, home care, respite care, medical care, after-school care, athletic and exercise programs.
Grantmaking PrioritiesProjects that leverage additional resources, such as volunteer time, in-kind gifts of materials or supplies, matching support from other funding sources, and collaboration with additional groups.
Who is Eligible to Apply?Loudoun Impact Fund applicants may be area 501(c)(3) public charities/nonprofits, schools, and churches providing direct services to residents of Loudoun County. (NOTE: The Loudoun Impact Fund can support faith-based entities, however, it will not support projects that either provide or require religious teachings or exclude citizens of different faiths.)
Grant Size, Announcement, Final ReportingAn estimated $125,000 will be available for distribution. Grants will range from $5,000 to $20,000; grants of less than $5,000 will be considered. Grants will be announced no later than Friday, November 8, 2019. Grantees will be invited to attend an evening grantee & donor reception planned for Monday, November 18, 2019.
A final report of accomplishment and summary of grant expenses must be provided to the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties by October 2, 2020. Extensions may be allowed, but must be approved in writing in advance.
- Application Cover Form
- Proposal (no more than four pages total, not including cover form, outcomes form, and budget form)
- Organizational Background—When founded, board composition, staffing and volunteer systems, and programmatic mission of the organization etc.
- Statement of Need—What need does your project address? What population(s) served?
- Project Description—How will your project uniquely address this need? Where will the project take place? How many are involved in the project? What are their roles? Who are your project partners? Do you have any experience with this project or similar projects? How did that go? Explain volunteer and staff involvement in your program
- Timeline-Summarize your timeline for the work
- Evaluation and Future Funding—How will you evaluate the outcomes in your outcomes chart? How will you publicize your grant and project outcomes? Will this project continue in the future? If so, how funded?
- Budget Narrative—Provide us with enough detail to assure our understanding of each component of income for the project (including detail about other funders) and expenses cited
- Outcomes Form — Use this form to describe the goals, objectives, outputs, and outcomes for the PROJECT for which you seek funding. You should have at least one measurable objective, output, and outcome for the project described in your proposal. However, some projects may have more than one activity. In that case, you should have at least one measurable objective, output, and outcome per activity included in your project. Only include outcomes and activities that are directly related to your grant-funded project. Add additional rows as needed. A sample with definitions are provided on the last page.
- Application Budget Form—NOTE: Use this form for the PROJECT for which you seek funding. Your income and expenses should equal. List other sources of funding sought, pledged, or received for your program or project; include donated materials and/or volunteer time. You may increase the budget layout to two pages, if needed, but please retain this formatting.
- Support Materials—Please provide a copy of the following materials:
- List of board of directors and their background
- Most recent Form 990 or 990EZ
- Most recent audit, review, compilation, or financial statement
- IRS letter of determination
- Current Fiscal Year Organizational budget (use the attached form for your PROJECT budget)
- Listing of all foundation and corporate gifts for past two years
- Copies of your policies addressing background checks of staff and volunteers working with your clientele
Submit all application documents electronically via email by October 1, 2019, no later than 5:00 p.m., to:
Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties
Subject Line: Loudoun Impact Fund Application
For more information or questions on this grants process, call Nicole Acosta, Director of Grants and Nonprofit Programs at the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties at 703-779-3505, ext 3.