The Loudoun Impact Fund is a giving circle of caring donors, each offering gifts of $1,000 (per person) or $5,000 (per foundation or corporation). Gifts are pooled together to leverage funding and offer grants with impact, here at home. Many members are new to grantmaking and look forward to learning more about programs, needs, and solutions in Loudoun County.
Individuals and Businesses: Join the Loudoun Impact Fund
Each year members of the giving circle determine priority areas of funding within the strategic goals of the Loudoun Impact Fund to promote education, the arts and the environment, and to support the needs of Loudoun families, children and youth.
Nonprofits: Learn More & ApplyThe 2020 Cycle is Now Closed.
The Loudoun Impact Fund grant advisors considered applications to fund services and projects that positively impact vulnerable or at-risk children and youth in Loudoun County.
Proposed projects needed to address one or more of the following:
- Basic needs support for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children or youth, including food, shelter, and housing;
- Physical and behavioral health and wellness for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth;
- Trauma-informed services for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth addressing and preventing family violence and/or child abuse;
- Academic and school-readiness support for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth;
- Programs providing high-quality child care for low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth;
- Programs providing life-skills and training to low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children and youth;
- Youth development and leadership opportunities low-income, vulnerable, or at-risk children or youth.
Priority may be given to organizations/programs that:
- Can demonstrate significant hardship or increased demand for services due to COVID-19, or;
- Provide services directly to populations that may be disproportionally impacted, physically or financially, by COVID-19.
- Organizations may request project-specific funding, or funding for general operating support.
Who is Eligible to Apply?Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity in good standing with the IRS, school, or faith-based organization (NOTE: The Loudoun Impact Fund can support faith-based organizations; however, it will not support projects that either provide or require religious teachings to its program participants or exclude participants of different faiths). Applicants must provide services in Loudoun County.
Application Deadlines and ReviewsApplications must be submitted electronically through https://funding.communityfoundationlf.org.
Applications will be accepted starting Monday, August 31, and are due by Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 5:00 p.m. The Loudoun Impact Fund members will review applications and make funding recommendations to the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors for approval.
Grant Size, Announcement, Final Reporting
An estimated $75,000 will be available for distribution. Grants are expected to range from $5,000 to $15,000; grants of less than $5,000 will be considered. Grants will be announced no later than Wednesday, November 25, 2020. Grantees will be invited to participate in an evening grantee & donor reception planned for December 3, 2020 (format/location TBD).
A final report of outcomes and grant expenses must be provided to the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties by November 1, 2021. Extensions may be allowed, but must be approved in writing in advance.
ApplicationTo view the full grant guidelines and to access the online application, click below:
Submit all application documents electronically via email by October 31, 2020, no later than 5:00 p.m., to:
Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties
Subject Line: Loudoun Impact Fund Application
For more information or questions on this grants process, call Nicole Acosta, Director of Grants and Nonprofit Programs at the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties at 703-779-3505, ext 3.