The recipients are:
- Fairfax Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for Advocating for Abused/Neglected Youth
- Friends of Guest House for Workforce Development Project Pilot
- Josh Anderson Foundation for Our Minds Matter: Website Development
- La Cocina Virginia for Free Bilingual Culinary Job Training, Placement & Food Assistance
- NAMI Nova for Peer Support of Youth and Adults Living with Mental Health Conditions
- OAR Arlington for Employment Assistance for Individuals Returning Home After Incarceration
- The Reading Connection for Growing Fairfax Readers
- Women Giving Back for Women Giving Back Transportation Project
GCH has awarded 133 grants to 57 local nonprofits over its 12 year history. Funds have been awarded in health and human service areas and benefited all age groups. Organizations throughout Northern Virginia have received funding including: Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fauquier, Loudoun, Manassas, and Prince William.
GCH does more than provide local nonprofits with funding for their project or capacity building grant requests. It is an award-winning leader in local philanthropy by making vital connections, providing resources and knowledge of the nonprofit sector, engaging in advocacy, furthering education, and awarding grants.
Find more information at www.givingcircleofhope.org.